Permission Level: Owner | Manager
This is for adding multiple members from a list such as a spreadsheet or comma separated value (.CSV) file. To add a single user, go here.
Minga is an invite-only platform and members need to be added by an Owner or Manager before they can access your Minga. When a new member is added, Minga sends a unique PIN to that person's email address that will allow them to log in for the first time.
In order to add multiple members from a list, you need to create a list with the following information:
- First name (required)
- Last name (required)
- Email Address (required)
- Display Name (optional) - This is the name that will show up in Minga for the member. By default for students and parents, it is first name + last name (e.g. John Denver). For Owners, Managers, and Teachers, it defaults to first initial + last name (e.g. J Denver).
- To input a custom display name (e.g. Mr. Denver instead of J Denver).
- Role (required) - This is the role of the member. For more information check out Roles and Permissions for Minga Members.
- You will be required to set a default role when adding a list
- Student ID (optional) - End the student ID number. This will be shown on the user profile and for future features
- Graduating Year (optional) - This is the graduating year of the member. This helps for creating groups and deleting graduated students at the beginning of a new school year.
- Birthdate (optional) - If their birthdate is added, the member will be included in birthday greetings in your Minga on their birthday.
- Phone Number (optional) - Adding a member's phone number will allow you to send their invitation to your Minga via text message.
Create your list, using the first row of the list as HEADERS based on the fields listed above. Here is an example: Minga Sample Member List.xlsx
When you have all this information ready, log in to Minga, click on People in the administrator menu and click on the Upload List button in the top right corner.