Permission Level: Owner | Manager
This is for adding a single member. To add multiple users, go here.
Minga is an invite-only platform and members needed to be added by an Owner or Manager before they can access the Minga. When a member is added, Minga sends an invitation with a PIN to that person via email.
In order to add a member, gather the following required and optional information for that person:
- First name (required)
- Last name (required)
- Email Address (required)
- Role (required) - This is the role of the member. For more information check out Minga Roles and Permissions.
- Display Name (optional) - This is the name that will show up in Minga for the member. By default for Students and Parents it is first name + last name (e.g. John Denver) and for Owners, Managers, and Teachers it is, first initial + last name (e.g. J Denver).
- Student ID (optional) - The member's student ID number. This will be shown on the user profile and for future features.
- Graduating Year (optional) - This is the graduating year of the member. This helps for creating groups and deleting graduated students at the beginning of a new school year.
- Birthdate (optional) - If their birthdate is added, the member will be included in birthday greetings in your Minga on their birthday.
When you have all this information ready, log into Minga, click on People in the administrator menu and click on the Add Person button in the top right corner.